Saturday 13 June 2009

France Trip Day One 13th June 09

What a day ! Zipped down to Dover taking the country route as much as possible only to pull up behind a K75 waiting for the ferry ! Also sitting there was a Suzuki kettle with Difazio hub centre steering and a BSA triple also with the same front end. That was it - the smooth crossing flew by in endless bike natter . The Blackberry satnav is a nightmare. Vodafone satnav does not work in France - what is the point of letting you set up destinations in the UK only to find it is useless when you get there. Similarly the Telenav download cuts out to give a blank screen every 60 seconds or so and no matter what I do you end up riding along pressing the Space bar to make it display. I got totally lost in Rouen and ended up asking a young guy on an 800GS the way only for him to lead me all the way out to the hotel. He even invited me over for dinner but found out his girlfriend had arranged for them to go out. So I'm waiting for a pizza delivery. Who knows what tomorrow will bring...
Sent from my BlackBerry® wireless device

No comments:

Post a Comment