Sunday 21 June 2009

France trip day 7 Sat 20th June 09

Really glad I stopped over in Rouen for the Friday night as I did not realise how tired I was until I hit the sack and zonked out. Up bright and early and ready to go by 7. A thankfully dull day at last, I have sweltered all week in what is really winter kit. When we met up with the British bike club people earlier in the week I tried on a Joe Rocket meshed summer jacket which would be ideal so the hunt is on. This morning Ethel took a day off from belching out a big cloud of blue smoke on start up - dunno why she sometimes does this - and we were off and away. Just for a change Telenav actually worked and threaded us out of Rouen for the 120 mile dull autoroute run to Calais. Of course upon closing in upon the final exit Telenav crapped out and froze but by then I could hardly go anywhere but the ferry. Immediately upon arriving back in England I was struck by the brutal aggression and inconsiderate attitude of English drivers. The contrast is immediate, the traffic density is a shock, they drive too fast too close with a general attitude of Fuck You.
All of which brings me to a huge thank you to Northants Advanced Motorcyclists for the superb training over last winter which gave me 1500 miles of fast but drama free riding on my little European adventure.
Next up I fancy a run to Thuringia in the old East Germany and maybe Grenada next year. Who knows ?
Sent from my BlackBerry® wireless device

No comments:

Post a Comment