Thursday 18 June 2009

France trip day 6 Thursday 18 June 09

Today was the best biking day since I came back to riding. Jack Hawkins www.freewebs.com/gixajack , having provided excellent accomodation and great food, then led a private battlefield tour of no less than 17 different USA locations each of which was provided with a full description of what happened, when and why. As a shit tourist, I've seen loadsa churches, castles, museums n stuff plus loathing tourist tat, I asked for off the beaten track points of interest and then let's get back on the bikes and ride. And that is exactly what I got for 9 hours. The riding was great, twisties, swoopy stuff and great fun keeping pace with a well ridden Gixer. Can't wait for morning when we set off to visit Omaha beach then on to the British section.


Sent from my BlackBerry® wireless device

No comments:

Post a Comment