Friday 19 June 2009

France trip day 7 Friday 19th June 09

Another superb full day out with Jack Hawkins leading the way all along Omaha beach through to the British / Canadian end plus the Hillman Battery and on to Pegasus bridge plus loadsa stops and explanations at off the beaten track places. Great. Got out Gixered on some really fast twisty stuff - boy that bike really picks up and wangs around corners but was pleased to mostly be in touch on old Ethel on some great biking roads.
Really, really pissed off with the shit Telenav gps download needed for the Blackberry because Vodafone UK packages do NOT work in France. The garbage Telenav has crapped out on me every time I have really needed it. Tonight it was fine until I was directed off the Autoroute outside Rouen into a choice of directions at which point Telenav froze and stopped navigating. I took a guess then had to stop and reboot Telenav which then took me miles out via one track hillside lanes. My destination was a hotel on an industrial estate just off a dormitory residential area. I eventually arrived with some lucky guesswork. So Blackberry users out there - do not consider or buy Telenav, it is a shit product that does not work.
Sent from my BlackBerry® wireless device

No comments:

Post a Comment