Monday 26 April 2010

More day 4

Having lost my tow to Bordeaux with Lost A Spanner of Gabfesters and BBF - he zipped back to UK as his mother is poorly - I realised that the only itinerary I had not planned was to Bordeaux as I knew I would be following LAS. Great news is that asking Tom Tom to go to the original destination but without toll routes Jane served up a great mix of scenic roads to make it a great ride.
Because of the staggering cost of fuel I am riding 1 gear higher than usual and am keeping the speed down to 130 klicks. Also I have taken to filling up the fuel can I had to buy in Portsmouth and lash it on top of everything else. Just as well as France has vast chunks of nothing and when you get there everything is closed. Anyway
Ethel loves it and we are purring across France with a big grin.
Tomorrow is Carcassonne and a reserved pitch at what seems a nice site.
Sent from my BlackBerry® wireless device

No comments:

Post a Comment