Friday 23 April 2010

France end of day 1

Met up with Dave Morris at Le Havre port. He being happy to follow we set off on my carefully planned itinerary.15 minutes and umpteen U turns later we were still trying to leave Le Havre.After discussion we scrapped the scenic route and droned down the autoroute for ages. Upon arrival at La Porte I asked the stereotypical aged French countrywoman which is La Porte to be told they all are ! Taking pot luck I led us down a track at random and lo and behold it was the right one. Nice welcome and tea and cakes with the BBF followed. Ex IOM racer Lost a Spanner then treated us to a quick zip to the Etap in Rennes. All hell broke loose at reception as they insisted that our prepaid bookings were only reservations and we must pay again. I had lenghty discussions with the guy and the Paris office after we had paid twice only to get the news that we were right in the first place and would now get a refund. Very pissed off to have needlessly blown a big hole in my cashcard for this. Ho hum Vive La France. Tomorrow summer jacket and St Nazaire at last.
Sent from my BlackBerry® wireless device

No comments:

Post a Comment