Wednesday 12 September 2012

The great Bruxelles Satnav mystery failure solved at last

Back in May on my way to the Flyingbrick rally as I rounded Bruxelles the Satnav suddenly showed an image like an empty can on its side and the screen went blank. I thought it had righted itself but the other day it dawned on me that it had to be switched on at the unit rather than upon being clicked into the mount. An experiment with it in the separate mount in the van showed it fired up as soon as connected to 12v. Aha. So it had to be either the bike cable or the bike mount as I had now wired it to connect to the on board 12v socket, which when tested with the tyre pump worked ok. Upon connecting a new mount to the old cable it lit up straightaway. I now have a spare new cable, 1 x dud power socket + 1 x new non power socket for the ZX6R. Too bad I didn't work this out sooner as I would not have needed the last item. Pictured is the guilty party.
Sent from my BlackBerry® wireless device

No comments:

Post a Comment