Saturday 15 September 2012

Out on track at Snetterton 200 circuit

This layout is the closest to the original with the key difference that what used to be a right hand swoop onto the mile long back straight now how has a mickey mouse tight right left onto a half length straight down to the Bomb Hole. The upside is that exiting the left in 2nd gear I could bounce the front wheel off the floor in every gear going into the red and could just see red in top before praying that the new HH front sintered pads would work. Had fun with the LC boys. They would scream past in a bunch with lines all over the place going into corners but the ZX6R would smoke em all down the straights. Glad I watched some on bike videos and decided that the long right hander before the start straight that used to be called Corams could be counted off in seconds 1 - 10 thus I could try to get the entry right then power on all the way round. Trouble is this is followed by a tight little left hander onto the straight and one lap I overdid it and had the back end hopping about going in. Oops. Funny to hear fellow VJMC members saying - my bike is too long for this track - or - all those new bits have spoiled it. Dunno where they were, at the end all I had in front of me was a bunch of 4 LCs and I was right on em. Woohoo. Can't wait for Silverstone.
Sent from my BlackBerry® wireless device

No comments:

Post a Comment