Sunday 16 September 2012

Its a cruel game alright

On the day that Ryan Farquhar is to receive a tribute on his retirement at Scarborough it set me thinking. When I first visited the Isle of Man in 1979, Hailwoods final appearance, standing at Bedstead Corner, Tommy Robb and Fred Launchbury were circulating close together then Robb came by on his own. 31 years later on my next visit, standing at Windy Corner, Chris Bradshaw and Jamie Adam were doing the same then the red flag came out. The next year Adam Easton went missing then Wayne Hamilton had a catastrophe 300 yards away at Westfield. Then this year Trevor Ferguson no longer came round. The point of this is that I feel like an intruder into the final minutes of the lives of all these people, none of whom I knew, and that I should not have been that close to them at that time.
Sent from my BlackBerry® wireless device

No comments:

Post a Comment