Sunday 12 August 2012

More Donington war stories

The Yamaha LC club loonies were also out on track. Zipping along nicely down Craner I suddenly heard a squeal of tyres and could smell rubber immediately behind. I was waiting for the scrrrrch of bike on tarmac praying I wasn't about to be nerfed off. It was a pair of LCs who had come up on me as I missed the 2nd Redgate apex but was back on line for the Old Hairpin. On the basis that Alan Peck, Barcelona 24 hours 500cc class winner, told me 40 years ago at the Kirby Camp racing school - don't look back its up to the overtaker to make the overtake - I never do on track.
Coming past the start line I was amazed at the number of people watching from the pit wall and garages. Gave it the full berries through the gears praying I wouldn't miss one whilst changing clutchless then putting the throttle on the stop.
By the way I topped up the tank before I went in and upon refuelling on the way home saw I had done 47 mpg including screaming the nuts off the ZX6R for 6 laps.
Sent from my BlackBerry® wireless device

No comments:

Post a Comment