Saturday 11 August 2012

Donington Park VJMC parade today

Scrutineering was a new experience. On the basis of decades of football experience with officialdom I turned up in race leathers, ACU approved helmet, mirrors removed and all glass duct taped. Just shows that preparation is everything. They took one look and said fine - if we run out of tape can we get some from you!
Not so fellow newbie Brian who was turned away in his jeans and bike with bare glass. He had to go off and buy trousers and beg tape !
Having read the CRMC rules I was wondering if jubilee clipped oil filter + wired sump plug would be needed.
Out on track I was surprised and nearly caught out by newbies keeping to the left and looking behind. Donington is swoopy and begs you to use all the road. I was zipping along NAM style and coming up on gaggles of people on the outside putting the brakes on mid corner just as I wanted to run wide and ease the power on.

Sent from my BlackBerry® wireless device

No comments:

Post a Comment