Saturday 20 July 2013

BMW R1200R ramblings

Well, it all began when a friend put 9 litres of diesel in his BMW R1200R. I took my siphon kit to the garage, siphoned out the diesel, put 5 litres of unleaded in and pressed the starter. Away she went although a bit smoky when revved up. Anyway he has been hankering for me to buy it so I trundled it from the garage into a car park. Mmmm. Good news is that it is very light. It is however undeniably agricultural in nature. Press the starter and it leaps to the left with torque reaction and everything, screens, bars and hands rattle about. The motor at standstill produces loads of clatter too - although it had just had a £450 major service that day. The tail is high and it is a long way over those giant panniers especially with a big cylinder to clout your left shin on in so doing. The engine revs up in a lazy way - no instant wham so it just felt dull. My K75C has more zip than this and the Kawasakis are from a different world. The whole bike just looks clonky in an iron bridge kind of way. Best bit of the whole bike is the effortless roll on centre stand. Now that is something I would like.
Sent from my BlackBerry® wireless device

No comments:

Post a Comment