Thursday 18 July 2013

All change !

Absolutely delighted to have sourced a 1958 Simson AWO 425 Sport. The deal has been done on a good old fashioned gentlemen's agreement with the seller who will check the bike over before releasing it for collection. Hopefully I should have it in a couple of weeks from now.
This now makes the purple ZX6R F1 redundant as I am love with the ZX6R F3 Streetfighter. So now I'll strip off all the nice goodies I have upgraded it with, replace them with the standard parts that I still have - and sell it.
The Manx Grand Prix trip is now transformed as I will be going on the Simson and taking part in the full IOM VMCC Rally activities. The only issue is how to get the Simson up to Heysham for the ferry as I really don't fancy doing 50 mph in the slow lane of motorways all the way up there for 160 miles at night.  However we have a plan.................A while back I had the van fitted with a towing hitch and light socket and also bought a strange wind up A frame device that hooks the bike to the van and trundles it along on the bike's back wheel. I have never used it as it was bought in a rush of blood with track day daydreams in mind. Oddly enough now that I have ridden quite a few tracks it does not seem that important after all so I have cooled off on this. Anyway the plan now is to tow the Simson to Heysham and park up the van in the docks car park.
Right, now to send off the Manx Rally entry form and we are all set woohoo !

No comments:

Post a Comment