Monday 30 April 2012

Nordschleife lap Rechnung 2012-21159

Hi,
I just got home from a motorcycle trip to the Eifel which included a lap of the Ring. May I pass on to you a few observations of my experience. Upon arrival I was surprised not to be stopped and asked what I was doing there. Instead of which I was confronted by a wall of over excited people milling about at the entrance blocking any further view of where to go. It was not obvious where the track entrance was as I could not see it. All these people in the entrance should be cleared out as they are a danger to themselves and others. I was also disappointed at the point of entry to the circuit to be told to proceed through the barrier then stop and remove my on board video camera. My reward for this was to receive loud orders over the public address system to not stop where I had just been told to.
I also think Euros 31.90 is very poor value for one lap on what is in reality a Porsche track day. 2 wheels and 4 on a race track at the same time is a deadly combination. It should be organised into groups of one or the other but never both.
By the way what happens to motorcycles in the wet when they lean over on all that paint sprayed all over the track ? Glad it was dry.
Regards,
Keith Philpot
Isle of Man TT and Manx Grand Prix race marshal
Member of the Institute of Advanced Motorcyclists
Sent from my BlackBerry® wireless device

No comments:

Post a Comment