Sunday 15 April 2012

First proper ride on ZX6R after winterwork + Texport leathers 1st ride

Wriggled into leathers and shoved the ZX6R out of the garage a bit worried at how stiff it was to wheel about. Front brake came on and off ok so reckoned just more bedding in of linings needed. As soon as we got moving the Texport leathers suddenly fitted right - precurved arms + armour makes for orangutan style moving about off the bike. I'd got a one piece Extreme Racing undersuit on with the Forcefield back protector underneath it. This makes it better to shrug the suit on unaided. Anyway it straightaway started to hail ! Then it went clear then hail again. And so it went on all the way round. Oddly I wasn't bothered as I was so pleased with the fit of the suit and its ventilation. I always run hot no matter what I try so this was great. Anyway the ZX6R is transformed following the new Hagon rear shock + overhauled front forks. No more bone juddering crunches just smooth, supple suspension. Strangely this calmed my riding down as I could settle into a smooth rythmn and enjoy the ride. I nodded my contentment at GS riders and got doowot stares in return. Aha, I get it now - we only acknowledge posing twats just like us then.
Funnily enough I'll be on a Beemer all week so maybe I'll give them the who-the-fuck-are-you treatment then !
Arriving home the bike was much easier to wheel about so suppose its the new pads just bedding in.
Sent from my BlackBerry® wireless device

No comments:

Post a Comment