Thursday 26 March 2015

Dead Streetfighter - the guilty party

When the Streetfighter mysteriously died upon attempted winter start up a while back I was pazzled. I checked all the fuses and all connections I could see where OK. I had long been suspicious of the ignition barrel switch with its worn action. I also noticed that the battery was not charging up fully. So I bought new switch and new beefier battery. Into the cellar with the stripped off machine and on with new parts. Still dead. Methodically followed all wiring from front to back checking connections. Came across a rubber topped little box leading to and from the positive connection on the battery. Removed rubber top and there below it was another fuse, 30 amp, which had blown. Did not have 30 amp so put in 20 amp for test, turned key and voila, all systems go. Expensive way to replace a 50P fuse though.

No comments:

Post a Comment