Friday 2 March 2012

Insurance is a rip off

The other night somewhere between Crowborough and Stansted services on the 29th Feb 12 between 2000 and 2130 the top box fell off Ethel and was not noticed until I got to Stansted services. Contents were wallet, cards, mobile phone, satnav, cash, keys - you name it. All these are now in the process of being replaced. Looking at my Footman James policy I noticed there is  £250 personal effects cover so I duly put in an honest claim for less than £200 for private items. They straight away refused it on the basis that only motorcycle related items like clothing, helmets are covered. I pointed out to them that it is no wonder that people either do not bother with insurance or make fraudulant claims. On the basis that it is very unlikely that the top box will ever be seen again I should have said that it contained a £750 Arai helmet and was a Givi box worth £460.
It is looking like it is going to be the same story with the business assets that were lost as the insurance companies there are already wriggling like a bucket full of eels to get out of it.

No comments:

Post a Comment