Sunday 5 February 2012

So that's what happened then

Macabre as it may sound I came across inquest results for incidents at the Manx that have bothered me. It turns out that at the 2011 Manx GP Wayne Hamilton lost control at Westwood, the last part of the 13th milestone section, which is tree lined. A marshal stated that he put the speed at circa 120 mph and was the fastest he had seen anyone go through there on his previous lap.
This would tie in with my observation on that lap that WH arrived where I was at the flag station on the right before Douglas Rd corner carrying a lot of speed. He moved away from the bank on the left before this corner to the centre of the road then back to the bank before peeling into the corner and away through Kirk Michael. Sadly he did not come around again.
In 2010 at Windy Corner I noticed Jamie Adam and Chris Bradshaw circulating together then not reappear next time around. It turns out that JA touched the kerb at flat out Bishopscourt and was flicked off with his bike unfortunately collecting CB with fatal results for both.

Sent from my BlackBerry® wireless device

No comments:

Post a Comment