Thursday 20 August 2009

New boots

Having ridden to Birmingham in pouring rain for a meeting the other day I was surprised to find I had got wet feet. The soles on both boots were coming away from the uppers on my el cheapo e bay Axo boots after 16k miles. Nothing for it then but new boots. Having read all the glowing reports I splashed out £249.99 less HOC 5% discount - thanks Honda !- on a pair of Daytona GTX leather and Goretex uberboots handmade in Germany. What with Schuberth C3 helmet and now German boots all that is left now is the riding suit and that will probably be upgraded to a BMW Coverall one piece. Anyway I was initially disapointed with the Daytonas. The tops seem made for people with big fat calves and wellied about, the heel rubbed and the thick instep made gearchanges clumsy. It also transmits hitherto unknown vibration through the footrests. Buyers remorse set in until I adjusted the rear velcro fitting straps, inserted insoles and put on white sports socks. Aha ! Great fit and super comfy. Also repositioned the gear lever and away we went. So far so good.
Sent from my BlackBerry® wireless device

No comments:

Post a Comment